Friday, August 22, 2008

A Bloggy Parade of Nations

I'd like to take a brief moment to thank my readers. I know I have some regulars, most of whom are friends and family. But every day when I check my stat-counter, I'm shocked to see how far and wide the range of people who have stumbled across these writings is. I collect a little bit of information that lets me see how many people hit my blog, a little about what they look at, and a couple of other random bits of information.

Perhaps some of you arrived by accident and quickly left, disappointed that I didn't actually have topless photos of Cameron Diaz (though what sort of search would make you think that I can't imagine). Perhaps some of you read the page you landed on and then went away, never to return. Maybe some of you read a page or two, or have stopped by once or twice more. In any case, thank you.

images.jpegBut in many cases the most interesting uses the reader's IP address to generate a (rough) idea of the location from which the request came. I'm always surprised to see the breadth of nations which readers come from. And so as the Olympics wrap up, here's a little look (in alphabetical order, just like the opening ceremonies) at the nations of The Noodlebook:

Australia
Austria
Brazil
Canada
Finland
Georgia
Germany
India
Indonesia
Israel
Luxembourg
Malaysia
Netherlands
New Zealand
Nigeria
Norway
Romania
South Africa
United Kingdom
United States

Note - the ones in italics were added to the list on 8/27/2008. The parade continues.

It is amazing what the Internet enables. A guy living just north of Seattle can toss some information, ideas, and opinions out there and the world will, in an "if you build it they will come" sort of way, somehow manage to stumble across it.

No comments: